CODE OF CONDUCT
The Code of Conduct is intended to encourage acceptable student behaviour in order to establish and maintain a safe, respectful and caring learning environment. This code will clarify expectations for student behaviour while at school, while going to and from school, and while attending any school function or activity at any location.
Acceptable Conduct includes the following:
Students are expected to:
- Respect themselves, others, and property;
- Attend school regularly and be punctual for all classes;
- Engage in purposeful learning activities and set high standards for personal achievement;
- Show consideration for diversity: the thoughts, feelings, and heritage of others;
- Use electronic systems in a respectful, responsible, and ethical manner;
- Conduct themselves in a polite, respectful, and co-operative manner;
- Dress in a manner that appropriately reflects a school environment.
Unacceptable Conduct includes but is not limited to the following:
Students are expected NOT to:
- Engage in behaviours that interfere with the learning of others;
- Engage in behaviours that create unsafe conditions;
- Bully, harass or intimidate others;
- Engage in physical violence;
- Retaliate against a person who has reported incidents;
- Possess, use, or distribute illegal or restricted substances;
- Possess or use weapons;
- Damage property
- Use personal technology devices, such as cell phones or cameras, during the school day except where expressly authorized.
Students who contravene this Code of Conduct will be subject to progressive discipline, reflective of the age of the student, and the severity and frequency of the unacceptable conduct. The discipline will be fair, consistent, and meaningful, for the purpose of making restitution and enhancing student responsibility and self-discipline.
School officials will notify parents, school district officials, and other agencies as deemed appropriate for any particular incident.